It was an evening of food and fun for the 600 children present at the Chefs For A Cause event, which took place on December 28, 2009 at the Swissotel Merchant Court.
The children, who are financially or physically disadvantaged, were each treated to a three-course meal – the hard work of ten local chefs.
Organized by Project Happy Feet, the event raised funds for the beneficiaries of children’s charity MILK (Mainly I Love Kids).
Both the event and the now sold-out cookbook it spun off, Recipes From The Heart, received coverage from numerous local media, including CNA.com, the Sunday Times, and Lianhe Zaobao. The articles are featured below.
Click on the articles’ image to view an enlarged version
1. Channel News Asia (CNA).com (28 Dec, 2009)
2. The Living Room Blog (28 December, 2009)
3. Yahoo! News (29 Dec, 2009)
4. TODAY (29 Dec, 2009)
5. The Sunday Times (3 Jan, 2010)
6. Lianhe Zaobao (3 Jan, 2010)
7. The Straits Times (8 Aug, 2010)